State of the BlogosphereHere is the summary:
- Technorati now tracks over 35.3 Million blogs
- The blogosphere is doubling in size every 6 months
- It is now over 60 times bigger than it was 3 years ago
- On average, a new weblog is created every second of every day
- 19.4 million bloggers (55%) are still posting 3 months after their blogs are created
- Technorati tracks about 1.2 Million new blog posts each day, about 50,000 per hour
A better indicator of the growth of the blogosphere than simply the number of new blogs created each day is the rate of postings to those blogs. Daily Posting Volume tracked by Technorati is now over 1.2 Million posts per day, which is about 50,000 posts per hour. The blogosphere also reacts to world events. I've pointed out a number of the spikes in posting volume that have accompanied major news events in the chart below of posting volume.Check out the chart and the events that went with each spike. I am looking forward to a take-off for blogging in Latin America--it is going to change the entire region! Can you imagine what camera phones and blogs could do in the fight against corruption? It would be a revolution--an Army of Davids sort of revolution.
You got to read the whole thing.
Tags: blogosphere, blogs, postingvolume, posts, postvolume, pr, scaling, search, search engine, sotb, sotb2006, spam, spamblog, statistics, stats, technorati, weblog, weblogs